To celebrate Sonya and Eddie's anniversary today, I thought it would be fun to post a project so dear to my heart that I couldn't let it go unshared. Dan and I started working on this wedding suite in 2009 with Sonya and Eddie's Save the Date cards. From there, we all worked closely to create a number of coordinated pieces to tie their wedding together. Even now, over two years later, it's still one of my favorite projects. I had so much fun working with them and seeing each piece come to life. Sonya and Eddie were married two years ago today and Dan and I were lucky enough to attend their amazing wedding in New York. Seeing everything before and throughout the wedding made it even more special.
– Hand-drawn cherry blossoms and branches
– Save the Date cards and magnets
– Pocketfold invitations with monogram tag closure
– Invitation inserts with directions, a custom map, wedding information and RSVP postcard
– Rehearsal invitation postcards
– Folded wedding programs with monogram cover tag and custom map carried over from the main invitation
– Escort card luggage tags placed at the reception entrance—double duty as an escort card and wedding favor
– Table name cards using pictures to highlight all the places Sonya and Eddie have lived (separately and together)
– Coordinating dinner menus
– Thank you cards with Vietnamese translation for the groom's family
We wish Sonya and Eddie a very happy anniversary, and many more wonderful years together!
Sonya came to us pretty early in the summer, soon after Eddie proposed, asking if we could do their wedding invitations and some other pieces. Seriously?! We'd love to! I had a lot of questions to ask her so I could visualize her and Eddie's big day and the details of the stationery, but since they both live out of state I needed to whip up something she could fill out digitally. Sonya was fantastic with her feedback, giving us suggestions if things were confusing, etc., and that's something we're glad to hear so we can make things better.
I found out that the wedding décor would include cherry blossoms and contemporary details. Sonya, Eddie, and I collaborated during the month of July to come up with a Save the Date that they both loved, and that the recipients enjoyed as well! You may not be able to tell, but the paper for their cards and envelopes is all metallic with a great shimmer.
Sonya decided to do a magnet with flat backing card. I think these are really great because they're so versatile. Recipients can use the magnet to attach the entire card to their fridge—or in our case, a chalkboard where we keep our important notes—or just keep the magnet itself as a reminder. Even after the wedding is over, guests can keep the magnet as a memento. Since it doesn't say "Save the Date," it's rather timeless. The hand-drawn cherry blossom branch was carried through the card and the magnet:
Next, we'll be working on the formal invitation, rehearsal invitation, program, and other goodies that will pull Sonya and Eddie's wedding together and make it uniquely them. I'm really excited that they chose us to create their wedding stationery, but I'm even more excited to see how everything comes together.